Thinking about working in fair trade?
Established in 2006 and located in Austin, TX, we are a for-profit company with the mission of creating economic and social well-being for marginalized producer communities through responsible trade. We sell a full line of consumer products to more than 1,000 retail customers ranging from large, well-known chains to local independently owned stores, both online and brick and mortar.
Do you want to be an integral part of a team bringing meaningful sustainable products to a growing global market? Are you someone who knows how to build sales relationships, have experience in the wholesale industry, but want to sell something that is meaningful and does good in this world? Are you ready to be part of company leadership and be in a fun and creative environment? If so, this is the job for you.
Key areas of responsibility
- Building and executing Sales plans, with overall responsibility of delivering sales growth and long term relationship building for the company.
- Leading the entire sales and operations function and team within the company.
- Play an active role in company leadership and overall strategy.
- Working closely with functions like Marketing and Product Design as needed.
What are we looking for?
- Sales experience (transactional and relationship building) over 6 years in B2B environment.
- Proven record of Sales excellence in wholesale industry, preferably in Gifts, Accessories and/or home accent markets with both, independent stores as well as large retailers. Trade show experience a plus.
- Strategic ability and experience in building Sales plans.
- Ability to analyze data and make conclusive recommendations.
- Strong excel skills. Experience in CRMs a plus.
- 5+ years of management experience, leading teams and being a strong team player.
- Deep inclination and has worked towards sustainability or Fair Trade.
- Strong ability to be organized and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Exposure to different cultures and international travel is a strong plus.
This isn’t a cookie cutter position. We are working with a large number of products, large number of customers, a challenging supply chain (driven by our mission), at the same time we are a company with high aspirations, motivation to make a difference through our mission and to be a leader in our industry.
If what you’ve read above sounds interesting, and you think you have the right professional disposition and qualifications to take on this challenge, please send us your resume, a cover letter telling us why and some of your previous work at the contact info mentioned below.
This is an Austin, TX based role. We are a fun team of creative and motivated professionals. Our office culture is relaxed. Dress is casual, and we’re flexible to support our team members… as long as responsibilities are met.
We can’t promise we’ll get in touch with everyone that contacts us, but we’ll certainly respond to those that catch our attention… In a timely manner, as we’re hoping to fill this position within the next few weeks. This is an important position for us. We are looking for the right person. If you do not fit this description, please do not waste your time and ours. Thanks for taking the time to consider us, and we look forward to hearing from you.
We are seeking motivated Sales Reps (or rep groups) for our vast product line. Ideal candidates should have 2-5 years of road sales experience in home décor, jewelry, accessories and general gifts. We offer great commission rates. Samples, catalogs and other materials provided. A $50 referral credit will go to any of our retailers who help us successfully find a rep group! Please spread the word!! For details, email Matt@MatrBoomie.com.
*We will continue to enforce our territory protection policy for our retailers.