Work in a company that sparks change.
Established in 2006 and located in Austin, TX, Matr Boomie is a for-profit company with the mission of creating economic and social well-being for marginalized producer communities in India through responsible trade. We sell a full line of consumer products to more than 1,000 retail customers ranging from large, well-known chains (such as National Geographic, Disney, and Whole Foods) to local independently owned stores, both online and brick and mortar.
Join a growing and thriving company working for social good. Company culture is relaxed and flexible.
ASSISTANT PRODUCT DESIGNER
Matr Boomie, a leader in Fair Trade wholesale gifts, is seeking a product design assistant to join our team. This will be a part-time position located at our Austin office. There is room for growth in this position.
The assistant designer will be a key part of the product design team. They will perform design administrative duties to support the product design and graphic design teams. Duties will include owning and managing assets, design research, vendor communication and sample tracking, and quality check. This is an entry-level position.
- Owning & Managing Design Assets: Lead and maintain organization of digital and sample libraries. Unpack and organize monthly air shipments. Photograph and update sample library for every season.
- Vendor Communication & Sample Tracking: Maintain status of tech pack development and status of samples with vendors. Coordinate with Operations department to track arrival of launch products. Track and organize photography samples for Marketing team. Keep meticulous records of key dates, costs, and codes within established system.
- Design Projects: Key design tasks will include sample photography, trend and market research, presentations, and digital mock-ups.
- Key Data Entry and Data Pulling: Prepare image thumbnails and product data specs for monthly forecast entry into our content management system. Pull data reports as needed, including annual design and sustainability metrics.
- Quality Check: Check quality of products and maintain quality-reporting memos. Oversee quality repair project when needed.
Required Qualifications (please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements):
- 4 year degree (design or related field a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely organized, and process driven – this is mainly an administrative position and we are looking for someone who is professional, dependable, flexible and kind - depending on skill level and performance, there is certainly room for growth into product design and/or graphic design.
- Basic understanding of Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- Interest in product design, fashion design, industrial design, illustration, merchandising, or other related field
- Must have photography skills or be willing to learn
- Merchandising skills
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Product design and/or graphic design experience is a plus
- Understanding of different cultures and/or some travel a plus
To apply please submit resume and portfolio samples to email@example.com
WAREHOUSE PICKER & PACKER
Matr Boomie, a leader in Fair Trade wholesale gifts, is seeking a part-time Warehouse Associate - Picker & Packer to join our small team in Austin, Tx. Job to go from now until the end of December 2016. There is a chance to stay on part-time after the holidays, but not guaranteed. The job will most likely to transition to full-time as the holiday season progresses, we are very flexible and can work around the person's schedule.
Key areas of responsibility
- Prepare shipping materials: prepare containers or boxes for shipments, selecting boxes that are a good fit for the products being shipped and make sure they are in good condition.
- Pulling orders using a picking list. Will be on your feet most of the day. Inventory are small items: mostly jewelry and small gifts. Ensuring products pulled match picking list exactly.
- Minimal heavy lifting.
- Affixing price stickers to products.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creatively problem solves for maximum efficiency.
- Packing orders: load boxes, seal them with tape, affix address labels and make any necessary marks on the package to match the order.
- Checking for quality and removing any defective goods and replacing them.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail as there are over 700 different products with similar-looking product numbers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The ability to lift 50lbs (rarely will need).
- The ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours a day (will be a mix of sitting and standing).
- Ability to withstand variable temperatures during hot summers and cold winters. Warehouse is not climate controlled but does have fans for summer.
- Deep inclination and has worked towards sustainability or Fair Trade.
- Bonus: dedication to social change and sustainability.
Hourly pay for this position is $10/hr. Paychecks are every 4 weeks. This is an entry level position.
Seeking immediate start date. 20 hours a week with work hours 10am to 6pm M-F.
If interested, please email your prior work history and a few sentences about why you’re interested in working for Matr Boomie to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond only to candidates who meet basic eligibility requirements.
We can’t promise we’ll get in touch with everyone that contacts us, but we’ll certainly respond to those that catch our attention as we’re hoping to fill this position within the next few weeks. Thanks for taking the time to consider us, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Contact Info: Patrick Montazami | Email:
We are seeking motivated Sales Reps (or rep groups) for our vast product line. Ideal candidates should have 2-5 years of road sales experience in home décor, jewelry, accessories and general gifts. We offer great commission rates. Samples, catalogs and other materials provided. A $50 referral credit will go to any of our retailers who help us successfully find a rep group! Please spread the word!! For details, email
*We will continue to enforce our territory protection policy for our retailers.