Work in a company that sparks change.
Established in 2006 and located in Austin, TX, Matr Boomie is a for-profit company with the mission of creating economic and social well-being for marginalized producer communities in India through responsible trade. We sell a full line of consumer products to more than 1,000 retail customers ranging from large, well-known chains (such as National Geographic, Disney, and Whole Foods) to local independently owned stores, both online and brick and mortar.
Join a growing and thriving company working for social good. Company culture is relaxed and flexible.
ASSISTANT PRODUCT DESIGNER
Matr Boomie, a leader in Fair Trade, artisan made gifts, is seeking an Assistant Product Designer to join our team. This is an entry level position located at our Austin office. Full time or part time available. Full time position includes benefits such as paid vacation, health insurance, paid sick days, etc. Company culture is relaxed and flexible.
Established in 2006 and located in Austin, TX, Matr Boomie (pronounced ma-ter boo-mee) is a for-profit company with the mission of creating economic and social well-being for marginalized producer communities in India through responsible trade. We sell a full line of consumer products to more than 1,000 retail customers ranging from large, well-known chains (such as National Geographic, Disney, and Whole Foods) to local independently owned stores, both online and brick and mortar.
Note: This position involves designing artisan made gift products. This is NOT an app or web design position.
The assistant product designer will be a key part of the product design team, performing both design and project management/admin duties. Duties will include product design, digital mockups and visualization, design research, owning and managing assets, vendor communication and sample tracking, and quality check.
- Design Projects: Key design tasks will include product design, digital mockups and visualizations, sample photography, trend and market research, and presentations.
- Managing Design Assets: Maintain organization of digital and sample libraries. Unpack and organize monthly air shipments. Photograph and update sample library for every season.
- Vendor Communication & Sample Tracking: Maintain status of tech pack development and status of samples with vendors. Coordinate with Operations department to track arrival of launch products. Track and organize photography samples for Marketing team. Keep meticulous records of key dates, costs, and codes within established system.
- Key Data Entry: Prepare image thumbnails and product data specs for monthly forecast entry into our content management system.
- Quality Check Product Samples: Check quality of products and maintain quality-reporting memos.
- 4 year degree in design-related field
- High level proficiency in either Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator. Minimum basic proficiency and willingness to learn the other one. Position does NOT include digital 3D modeling.
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely organized, and process driven – this position combines design and project management
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via email (for communication with India team and internally)
- Basic understanding of Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets
- Basic photography skills
- Interest in product design for handmade products
- Digital visualization and illustration skills
- Product design experience
- Product photography experience
- Understanding of different cultures and/or some travel a plus
To apply please submit cover letter, resume, and link to portfolio (website URL or download link) to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications without portfolio or work samples will not be considered.
WAREHOUSE PICKER & PACKER
Matr Boomie, a leader in Fair Trade wholesale gifts, is seeking a part-time Warehouse Associate - Picker & Packer to join our small team in Austin, Tx. Job to go from now until the end of December 2016. There is a chance to stay on part-time after the holidays, but not guaranteed. The job will most likely to transition to full-time as the holiday season progresses, we are very flexible and can work around the person's schedule.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Prepare shipping materials: prepare containers or boxes for shipments, selecting boxes that are a good fit for the products being shipped and make sure they are in good condition.
- Pulling orders using a picking list. Will be on your feet most of the day. Inventory are small items: mostly jewelry and small gifts. Ensuring products pulled match picking list exactly.
- Minimal heavy lifting.
- Affixing price stickers to products.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creatively problem solves for maximum efficiency.
- Packing orders: load boxes, seal them with tape, affix address labels and make any necessary marks on the package to match the order.
- Checking for quality and removing any defective goods and replacing them.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail as there are over 700 different products with similar-looking product numbers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The ability to lift 50lbs (rarely will need).
- The ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours a day (will be a mix of sitting and standing).
- Ability to withstand variable temperatures during hot summers and cold winters. Warehouse is not climate controlled but does have fans for summer.
- Deep inclination and has worked towards sustainability or Fair Trade.
- Bonus: dedication to social change and sustainability.
Hourly pay for this position is $10/hr. Paychecks are every 4 weeks. This is an entry level position.
Seeking immediate start date. 20 hours a week with work hours 10am to 6pm M-F.
If interested, please email your prior work history and a few sentences about why you’re interested in working for Matr Boomie to email@example.com. We will respond only to candidates who meet basic eligibility requirements.
We can’t promise we’ll get in touch with everyone that contacts us, but we’ll certainly respond to those that catch our attention as we’re hoping to fill this position within the next few weeks. Thanks for taking the time to consider us, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Contact Info: Patrick Montazami | Email:
We are seeking motivated Sales Reps (or rep groups) for our vast product line. Ideal candidates should have 2-5 years of road sales experience in home décor, jewelry, accessories and general gifts. We offer great commission rates. Samples, catalogs and other materials provided. A $50 referral credit will go to any of our retailers who help us successfully find a rep group! Please spread the word!! For details, email
*We will continue to enforce our territory protection policy for our retailers.